Our rides around Barcelona never take us very far away from home. We are never going to get lost in the middle of nowhere, there is always somebody not very far away. We don’t carry with us the same things we would if we were going to the mountains.
For rides under 2 hours we don’t usually carry a backpack just a saddlebag with:
- Spare tube and tyre levers
- Multi tool with a chain breaker
- 10€ and a card with address and phone number
We also have a big bottle (750ml), a mini pump and a mobile phone. There are plenty of water sources around, even bars! So you don´t often need to carry on more water.
For longer rides, 3 or 4 hours we take a camelback with:
- Spare tube, tyre levers and patches
- Multi tool with chain breaker
- Zip ties
- Small bottle of chain lube (20ml)
- Some food, a couple of bars or some candy
It’s important not to forget the money, there’s always a bar on the trail to have a coffee … or a beer!